CYBER ATTACK ON AMY SMITH'S BLOG - sequel 1

Ohgreat -- thought Amy to herself -- it's 8 p.m. -- she grabbed her cup of tea. It was time to diligently start her nightly ritutal of blogging.

Let's see -- what will I blog about tonight?

"Oh hello my fellow bloggers -- it's Amy Smith -- hope all of my followers on the blogarn't bored out of their gourdes just yet!"

"Today at the office was a real bummer -- the same aimless running around with documents -- false deadlines -- you know -- they just hammer these things out -- edit them to death -- seems like your just a hamster running on a wheel -- doing the same things over and over! Does this nonsense ever end?"

"Oh and my Yorkie has developed an awful habit -- biting my boyfriend's feet whenever he tries to hug me! Oh, and if a kiss is anywhere in the works -- his loud barking is enough to drive you completely nuts! I know I love him -- the Yorkie -- his nameis Rocky -- by the way! I guess he loves me -- the yorkie -- so much -- he doesn't wa nt to share,I suppose!"

"Well, I still have to go to my boring job tomorrow -- that awful commute downtown -- on the walk down Bay Street -- homeless people always asking for money -- I don't keep change on me -- then -- I always feel guilty turning them down -- I'll have to remember to put some loose change aside for that!"

"Does anyone out there ever read this babble that I put out? I havn't been getting any comments -- maybe my blog has a glitch -- not surprising --it's the first blog I've ever created! It does show I have 100 followers though --that'sgood -- I would think -- for blabbing about my boring -- everyday life -- for a month!"

POP-UP: A bomb will go off tomorrow at 8 p.m. when you start blogging!

"Who the hell are you, how have you broken into my blog?"

POP-UP: Just hita key-stroke tomorrow night and see what happens!

"What a load of crap -- of course I'm blogging tomorrow night -- you don't scare me -- stay off of my blog!"

Amy pissed off -- hits log-off! Running her bubble bath Amy felt violated -- how dare someone break into her blog.

The next day at work, Amy phones the IT guy. "Listen it's Amy Smith, I have a personal question for you? I do a writer's blog at night -- and I was wondering -- is it possible for someone to actually break into your blog using a POP-UP while your typing?"

IT guy: "Hmmm -- maybe someone has gotten through your firewall?"

Amy: "Who would do that?"

It guy: "A hacker!"

Amy: "What do you think I should I do?"

IT guy: "You should run a complete computer scan. Probably just some crazy computer worm trying to infect your computer, it canhappen - maybe sometype of malicious spy-ware!"

Amy: "So the POP-UP threat -- I should just ignore it?"

IT guy: "What do you mean threat?

Amy: "This deluded POP-UPclaims -- it will blow something up at 8 p.m. as soon as I start blogging."

IT guy: "Wow, that's crazy!!!"

Amy: "I love my blog -- I already have100complete strangersreading my blog".

IT guy: Well, I would just r un the scan -- don't let a silly POP-UP ruin your writing career. You must be pretty good if youhave a following already! Keep up the good work Amy. Don't let the blogisphere intimidate you".

Amy: "Thanks, I'll run the scan -- I feel better already".

Finally, at 5 p.m. her boring office job over --Amy could hardly wait to get home to start blogging.

On her TTC commute she had an obnoxious guy beside her picking his teeth -- yuck thought Amy. Amy day-dreamed about becoming rich and famous from her blog.How everydaypeople would feel so connected toher boredom -- their ownboredom -- it wouldthen culminateinto the largest following oflost people -- the office drones -- people tired of their everyday commute -- people sick of being poor -- they would all cross-connect on Amy's blog -- inter-connected to the greater uncharted writer's blogisphere!

Amyput the computer scan on as soon as she gothome. After eatinga chicken breast salad she poured herself a glass of red wine. She put her feet up on thecouch and cuddled with her dog Rocky. Amy finallychecked on the computer and the scan said it had eliminated some cookies. Great thought Amy to herself -- Cookie Monster's gone -- problem solved!

Tonight I will blog about the close call I had with my blog - she told herself. "Dear fellow bloggers:yesterday -- some dam crazy POP-UP was threatening to blow up something in the neighbourhood -- if I blogged at 8 oclock tonight. Well luckily it turns out -- it was just a couple of cookies -- that had invaded my computer.I did not want to let you all down -- my readership faithful". Amy hit the send button and her blog for the night was done. LOG-OFF.

Sitting on the couch again before running her bubble bath --Amy suddenly heard on CITY TV about a small bomb going off in the washroom at Union Station at approximately 8 p.m. -- luckily it was tiny and the washroom was empty -- so nobody got hurt!

Amy felt a little p anic run through her. No she thought to herself -- no way -- was there a connection to her blog -- that would be just too weird!

The next day at work: Mary her co-worker spoke up over Amy's cubicle -- "did you hear about that bombing last night?" "Ya, I did said Amy -- you don't think it was connected in anyway to my blog?".

Mary: "Of course not -- your letting blogging paranoia set in don't you think?"

Amy: "Well, if I get anymore strange POP-UPSwith cyber-threats I`m calling the police".

Amy almost ran from her desk out the doorat the stroke of 5 p.m. No cyber-threat is going to stop me from blogging she vowed. It made her more determined than ever to blog away! Although she thought the bombing at Union Station was weird she was sure it had nothing to do with her blog. No way --nothing at all!

Will Amy get anymore cyber-threats stayed tuned for sequel 2.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here...